Sunday, May 31, 2009

Being here the first week...

OK. My first week was interesting. Not too much to speak of right now, but interesting nonetheless. I had to quickly get adjusted to my apartment, and how there is no real shower (only a sprayer attached to my sink), but I am not really minding it that much. My sleep schedule is off, and I made the mistake of drinking the tap water (which had some very uncomfortable side effects), but I am alright now.
I spent time at the school that I am teaching at, and I really got to know some of my fellow teachers and the students. My director/principal is awesome, a very godly man, and I know that I will have a blast this year teaching at the school.
There was some cause for concern for me (I will not get into it right now), but everything is fine now, and so I feel like I am really here and ready to stay and explore.
The people here are really nice and willing to help, which is awesome since I had some very trying circumstances where I thought I would be stranded alone in a city of non-english speaking people where I may be forced to live on the streets and cry...
All in all, it was a very taxing week, but I had a great time and I am looking forward to this next year...Now for my weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment